Maintenance Electricians are responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of systems using electrical, mechanical and processing skills. The Maintenance Electrician will perform preventative and reactive maintenance on all production equipment and building. The primary duties of a Maintenance Electrician include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality SMC and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Focus on producing quality product by monitoring quality levels and adjust the manufacturing processes to ensure product integrity.
- Reads and interprets drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and/or other electrical components.
- Tests electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Maintains, repairs, installs and tests switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors.
- Maintains, repairs, tests and installs electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Troubleshoots, maintains and repairs industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices.
- Conducts preventive maintenance programs and keeps accurate maintenance records.
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices as required.
- Assist and train production employees in proper operation and maintenance of machinery.
- Limited travel may be required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two-year Associate Degree in electrical related field is a plus.
- A minimum of five years industrial maintenance electrician experience preferred.
Maintenance Electricians are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
- United States (Required)
Complete the application below to apply for this position.