Performs preventive inspections and maintenance on semi’s, trucks, trailers and select equipment. Troubleshoots and make (minor/moderate/major) repairs as needed. Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement of components when outside work is required. Assists with loading and unloading trailers, cleaning and storing equipment.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Perform routine maintenance on semi’s, trucks, trailers and select equipment (forklifts, etc).
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and ensure the timely and effective repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
- Troubleshoot and repairs light mechanical issues that may include wheel-end assemblies, electrical systems, suspensions, A/C, or engine components
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles. Perform maintenance related work as required.
- Perform proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment
- Perform service calls for emergency breakdowns (during work hours).
- Records maintenance in the company vehicle logue.
- Assist with loading and unloading trailers
- Maintain and store equipment as it comes back to the shop as needed
- Assist with keeping inventory of equipment
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
- Modern truck systems and diagnosis experience a must
- Heavy truck experience such as brake repair, clutch and transmission R&R required
- Diesel engine repair: 1 year minimum, 3+ preferred
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year minimum, 3+ preferred
- Proficient in electrical, hydraulic and all mechanical aspects needed to repair machinery, trucks, and engines.
- Capability to lift minimum of 50 pounds, working in close quarters
- Preferred: Class A or B CDL with airbrake endorsement
- Preferred: ASE certifications or training equivalent
- Preferred: Tech school degree or ASE certification
- Preferred: Welding and fabrication skills helpful
- Preferred: Experience with DOT truck inspections
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, push, pull, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk and hear. Also lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Employee is required to occasionally stoop, bend, stand, kneel, crouch, squat or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color acuity and ability to adjust focus.
Complete the application below to apply for this position.