SMC made its debut in 2000 by performing industrial maintenance locally and since has
broadened its reach nationwide and continues to grow. During its tenure SMC has also
expanded into Fabrication, Welding, Machining and more! Our priority is to complete every
project in a timely manner at the highest quality possible with each and every customer’s
individual needs in mind. Our attention to detail and compassion are our leading attributes that
separate us from our competitors.
Seeking a strong performing Mechanical Engineer to support our continued company growth.
This individual will deliver detailed analytical concepts and then back up those concepts with
written justification. The Mechanical Engineer will act to create a work environment that is
conducive to teamwork and strong professional development. The successful candidate for this
position will be able to take a project from the conceptual stage through to completion, taking
into account budgeting and operational considerations.
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews
- Submit a scope of work for each project that includes budgetary numbers and the goal of
- Develop project drawings and review drawings from team members for accuracy
- Deliver documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for correcting errors
- Collaborate with Project Managers to develop an accurate accounting of all engineering
hours required for various types of internal projects
- Travel to the field when necessary to support project work (10% or less estimated)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required (Master’s a plus)
- 2+ years’ project management experience
- 2+ years’ experience in an engineering role
- Strong knowledge of SolidWorks or CAD/CAM software and drafting procedures
Revised 04-08-2021 Pg 1
- Strong problem solver with commendable work ethic
- $60,000-$100,000 annually
- Simple IRA with 3% match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach
with hands and arms, climb stairs, push, pull, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk and
hear. Also lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Employee is required to occasionally stoop, bend,
stand, kneel, crouch, squat or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color acuity and ability to adjust focus.
Complete the application below to apply for this position.