PLC Maintenance Technician
This position is responsible for monitoring, adjusting, troubleshooting, and repair on electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems. Must have knowledge and practice of safety rules and procedures to complete such tasks. Must be proactive and communicate any problems or concerns to team members and follow and complete Preventative Maintenance tasks and complete documentation and relay any information concerning any problems found.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze defects and disturbances on mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical components
- Evaluate the scope of damage, determine repair and/or replacement of electrical facilities
- Carry out, document, and forward documentation of damage assessment and requirement request for means of production or systems in need of repair; such as forklifts, machines, facilities, etc.
- Adjust machine controls, correct programs, carry out test runs, and prepare corresponding documentation
- Perform extensive and difficult repairs, extensions, and reconstructions
- Work out and draw, as well as correct and document circuit diagrams
- Prepare circuit diagrams and terminal schemes as well as adjust and correct programs for PLC’s
- Revise and amend machine controls
- Preform difficult and high-quality maintenance and repair works on electronic control systems according to existing maintenance plans
- Apply and implement TPM
- Analyze and eliminate weak spots and suggest elimination; such as new production/engineering
- Carry out extensive and complex mechanical assembling and dismantling of machines
- Make suggestions for economical maintenance and repair as well as for adjustments of maintenance standards
- Produce spare parts or auxiliary devices according to drawings, drafts, samples or instructions
- Assure 100% compliance with safety regulations within the department
- Use computer and general knowledge of Microsoft Office, etc.
- All other duties as assigned
- Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3-5 years of experience in industrial maintenance
- 1-3 years of PLC experience and utilizing PLC systems to troubleshoot equipment
- Additional Skills:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to work in team-based environment
- Ability to use or willingness to be trained using forklifts, cranes, electric pallet jacks, etc.
- Very high level of attention to detail
- Ability to use computer and knowledge of software, MS Office, etc.
- Ability to transfer knowledge and train other team members
- Ability to draw basic line to line diagrams and reading blueprints and schematics to troubleshoot circuity issues
- Ability to write and understand programming language for Fanuc & Abb Robots.
- Familiarization with RS Logix 500 and Studio 5000 software.
- Ability to communicate using RS Linx (find the path), trouble shoot, understand and write Logic for Micrologic, Compact Logix, and Control Logix PLC’s.
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. continually
- Ability to work in a hot environment and/or adapt to drastic temperature differences
- Ability to continuously climb stairs
- Ability to walk and/or stand constantly throughout shift
- Ability to frequently bend, reach, push, pull, etc.
- Ability to constantly do repetitive motions throughout shift
- Must be able to wear a respirator occasionally
- Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- United States (Required)
Complete the application below to apply for this position.